Thursday, April 18, 2013

PL update



 Playing catch-up last week after receiving 5 weeks’ worth of pictures. I love getting my prints... It is always nice to reflect back on the past month or two and see all the blessings in my life. Looking at their smile, their face, this is just what I need these days. 
 
As you will see, there is very little journaling. I was busy studying for an anatomy exam and kept PL on back burner, just making sure I sorted and edited pictures on a weekly basis. I am trying to “embellish” pages a bit, but it is not a priority this time around. I prefer to concentrate on journaling what is going on right now. 
 

I noticed that although I love this project, I am feeling less motivated lately, this is a sign that I need to bring back some fun into it… Some thoughts I have about that:

I would love to get my pictures printed on a weekly basis. Having a PL “date” to play every week would be lovely, but I don’t see that happening due to the cost of shipping. 
 
I am thinking about keeping one slot each week for creative fun. Could be any size. Could be a picture edited with brushes or mask. Could be ink, stamp, paint, ribbons, embossing…
 

There are some designs that I really do not like in the Cobalt edition. I chose it because the new designs would not make it to Europe by January and I did not want the backlog. Plus I found most of the designs fun and liked the colors, but some cards are just not for me. So I will create my own to replace them. For example, I absolutely need to remove the 4x6 that opens the week below...
 

I also need to focus a bit less on the kids and tell a bit more about Laurent, about me and about our couple. But this is a general trend: I need to find myself again as a woman and as a wife. Being a mum is very rewarding but I must be careful of not getting lost in this role. 
 
I can see some trends in my PL that are just reflection of my life right now: I need more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment